Re: Cohousing as a rigorous way to live
From: Racheli&John (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:21:01 -0600 (MDT)
** Reply to note from "Hans Tilstra" <tilstra [at] smartchat.net.au> Wed, 11
Apr 2001 15:04:45 +1000
>From Racheli
Sonora cohousing, Tucson.

 Hans wrote (in part):

> McCamant & Durrett's book seemed more intended to design the traffic flow
> for daily "how are you" and "who's cooking tonight?", rather than terse
> debates about whether or not common funding should go to spa pools.

Except that "who's cooking tonight?" might turn out to hide a whole
slew of issues which need to be worked out...

As for my short experience of in-cohousing living (since last July, with
most members moving in later on):  So far, the level of stress for me has been
exceedingly high.  I hope that this is because we are still trying to
put in place various rules and structures, in addition to learning how
to live near/with each other,    and that the level of stress will go down.
(Would it?)...

R.