RE: ADA Compliance - Americans with Disabilities Act
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 23:07:32 -0600 (MDT)
I can see no advantage to having a commonhouse as a public building and see all kinds of potential disadvantages. You will be organizing as a Condominium I assume. This is already well documented legally and permit wise in every state in the union and I can assure you that very few if any regular condos set up their "multipurpose building" as a public space. The liability insurance alone would make this unattractive. Your attorney should be able to tell you how condos permit and organize their mulitpurpose room. This standard format will make it easier for you and you can still host public events there if you choose to.

Rob Sandelin