Mandatory cooking cautionary note
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 23:08:04 -0600 (MDT)
I would caution those that  are considering mandatory cooking to evaluate
it at some point after trying it out. I have done work in cohousing groups
where RESENTMENT was huge over this. For some reason, these groups had no
process for evaluation and pressure relief, and so the RESENTMENT built up
until it exploded.

There is a very wide gap between joyous service to the community and
resented obligation. I think being happy and contributing because you want
to give service is a goal worth striving towards. There are methods to check
in with each other about personal happiness. Pay attention to this,
cultivate each others happiness, and you will have a much smoother ride down
the river of community.

Rob Sandelin
Community Works!
www.ic.org/cw1.htm
Floriferous [at] msn.com
(Floriferous is Latin for "many flowered", a name given to me by the
Snoqualmie tribe where I was once a teacher)