Details on Resentment issues in mandatory cooking
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:18:02 -0600 (MDT)
The resentment issues I worked a couple groups through had these elements: I
am forced by the group to cook. I hate cooking. I would rather clean
toilets,change poopy diapers, wash windows than cook. Cooking is not a
requirement for community. I don't even cook for myself. I would much rather
not participate in meals at all than cook, but I am forced to cook, even
though I don't want to participate in meals. I don't like community meals,
its too loud, the foods not to my taste/needs, etc.

Like I said before, there is a big difference between joyous service to the
community and resented obligations.

Rob Sandelin
Community Works!