Re: rentals
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:36:01 -0600 (MDT)
>_Questions about cohousing experiences with rentals
>1. What kinds of rules does your community have about members renting  out
>parts of their  units when they (the owner members) are also living there?
no rules
>Do you ask that the
>renters have an orientation session
No
>What kinds of problems have you had with people who are renting from members
>who are living in their units? How did you solve them?
Virtually none. Renters tend to either be invisible or well-integrated.
My apartment renter has become a friend and singing teacher to a number
of members. My housemate-renter has probably done more volunteer work at
RoseWind than the majority of members.

>2. What kinds of rules does your community have about members renting  out
>their  entire units when they (the owner members) are not living there?
None Are
>those renters asked to go through an orientation session
no?
 What kinds of problems have you had
>with people who are renting from members when the members are not living in
>their units?
none
>3. Has your community had any experience with members renting out parts or
>all of their units to small businesses
City ordinances control "home occupations", and non-residents don't
qualify.

>4. What kinds of rental policies do you wish your cohousing community had
>started with?
This has worked fine.

Lynn Nadeau, RoseWind Cohousing
http://www.olypen.com/sstowell/rosewind