Re: site location/size and children (was Households to Adults Ratios)
From: Peg Blum (pegbcambridgecohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 08:48:01 -0600 (MDT)
Cambridge Cohousing (MA) has 41 units, about 95 residents, of whom about 30 are children under age 15.  One of our initial families (then with 2 children) put a condition on their membership:  their initial LLP "down-payment" would be returned if within a certain period of time (pre-construction) we did not have one-third of the membership, families with children under age 15.  That pushed us to do outreach and we all really worked hard, including the requesting family, to make sure we met the "quota."  Since that time, more babies have been born, more on the way and last June a family moved in with 4 children!
For families who want the advantages of city living, our 1.5 acre site with lots of lawn and a safe place to play has been a "draw!"

Peg Blum

(See the website for pictures of the buildings, lawn and garden.  Sorry not too many people pictures.)