Re: architect on the changing space between public and private
From: Hans Tilstra (tilstrasmartchat.net.au)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 19:41:01 -0600 (MDT)
Cohousing is not alone in experimenting with the space between public and
private.

"Coffee", says Ian Athfield [NZ architect], "has done a huge amount to start
defining the space between public and private. Suddenly you're sitting in
streets drinking coffee in the space between the private and public realm.
Thirty years ago if I'd said to someone that you'd be drinking coffee on the
main street in 20 year's time, they'd said I was bloody nuts. "

in Simon Devitt (Autumn 2001) "Spaces between Spaces" Urbis pp 86-91