Auction at Cohousing Conference - Needs Your Donations!
From: Steve Pretl (spretlerols.com)
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:09:01 -0600 (MDT)
Many of you know that one of the real highlights of the 1999 Cohousing Conference in Amherst, MA,was the action-packed auction. At this year's North American Cohousing Conference in Berkeley (July 20-22), we will have both a live and a silent auction. Like the 1999 event, the live auction will be hosted by the wonderfully entertaining Peter Jessop, a member of the Pioneer Valley Cohousing community in Amherst. The goals of the auction are to have lots of fun, and to raise funds to support the activities of TCN.

In order for this to be as successful as possible, we are asking the TCN membership and all cohousers to find something they can donate to the auction. Items big and small are welcome - be creative! Auction items could include:

   * Consulting Services from Cohousing Professionals
   * Non-cohousing Professional Services
   * Books, Videos, Magazine Subscriptions
   * Vacation Time in Cohousing Communities
   * Resort or B & B Nights in your city
   * Artwork for Individual or Common House use
   * Furniture and kitchen items for a Common House
   * New or Used Clothing - often handmade or unusual!
   * T-shirts with fun cohousing-related slogans
   * Music or Food products (often community or hand-made)

Please include the value of your item (all donations are tax-deductible for
their full value), the minimum bid we should accept, and a short description
of the item.  I am serving as the Auction Coordinator and will be
collecting all items, for both the live and silent auctions. I can be
reached at spretl [at] erols.com or by phone at 202-726-5378.

You can make your donation by return email to me, completing the form below. Or print and complete the form below and mail or fax to:
Steve Pretl - 6827 4th Street NW #123 - Washington DC 20013
(Fax)202-726-5378

Please make copies of the form for each item. And please provide a photo of the item if you will not be bringing it to the conference, so we can include it in the silent or live auction.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Pretl
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington DC