Re: Does your community get all adults in a consensus decision?
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesshome.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 19:37:01 -0600 (MDT)
We made a decision long ago, our adherence to which has been very useful. If
you don't come to the meeting, you have no say. Of course, there are times
when one can't attend a meeting where an important decision is being made.
Usually, we will postpone the meeting for an individual who feels strongly
about an issue, or agree not to make a decision that day.

I could see a community coming to a complete standstill if people who don't
attend meetings are consulted ad nauseum about decisions. If you have a
process for getting items on the agenda that forewarns people about issues,
it shouldn't be a problem.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing