Re:quorum
From: Peter Scott (psak.planet.gen.nz)
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 02:31:01 -0600 (MDT)
When we first wrote our legal docs we chose 25% for a quorum, on the advice of
a long time meeting goer. This is 25% of *people* who are least assoc member or
above.
Who ever is there makes the decsion. Anyone who was not present and objects has
the right to reopen the decision at the next meeting only.

This has worked fine, and if the quorum had ever been higher a good percentage
of meetings would have been cancelled i am sure.

I dont know what would happen if the consequences of a decsion kicked in in
between those two weeks, to be honest i dont ever recall it actually happening.
Maybe that means decsions are never as urgent as they seem, or that we just
plan well ahead! Or maybe we just make good decsions ;-)
--
Regards,

Peter Scott
Auckland New Zealand