Re: quorum
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 16:02:01 -0600 (MDT)
To those who think that a 70% quorum is realistic, I think you will be
surprised. Once 'real life' sets in, you will have people who are sick,
at distant weddings, children's graduations, on vacation, at conferences,
on overseas teaching assignments, and maybe a few who are just plain
grumpy and not wanting to deal with a meeting. Plus a few memberships
which are in transition -- resales, estates-- and the official owners are
already "outta there" or are not yet "in there." It helps once you know
and trust each other. Knowing my group, I know that if there are 12
households represented, most points of view will be well represented, and
any decisions reached will likely be sturdy ones.

Lynn Nadeau

I just was away for two weeks (though carefully timed to avoid missing
the monthly meeting!) and came back to find the giant hawthorne tree in
the commons wearing her huge white gown of flowers, the newly seeded area
north of the common house bursting with grass, and a new system for
making sure some folks stay to final clean up after a potluck or BYO
supper. There are "tacky pink flamingo" medallions on neck ribbons, and 3
people who are willing to be sure things are all put away and wiped up
simply put one around their neck during the meal, and others know the job
is covered (or isn't).

Lynn Nadeau, RoseWind Cohousing
http://www.olypen.com/sstowell/rosewind
http://www.ptguide.com