Re: Class 1 and Class 2 decisions
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:46:02 -0600 (MDT)
> I think it must be confusing to break decisions down into class one and class
> two, with one type of decision being made by each unit having only one vote
> and the other by each adult having one vote.  Maybe not.

It works if you think of decisions having financial and legal obligations.
No one should be able to make commitments (non-owners) that others (owners)
have to fulfill. A decision to raise condo fees should only be made by the
people who pay them, but decisions about meals and other community work
issues should be made by those who have to fulfill them.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org