RE: proxies
From: Eileen McCourt (emccourtmindspring.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:19:01 -0600 (MDT)
In our case, that is exactly what it means.  I like this because it is a
deliberate delegation of authority to the group.  Most people have given a
standing proxy for any meeting they do not attend, with the caveat that it
can be withdrawn at any time for a specific issue or for a period of time, I
changed my mind, or whatever reason.

The proxies are written, and posted to our yahoo groups list service.  It is
the recorder's job to establish quorum at the beginning of each meeting. I
don't know how much of a role the proxies play in establishing quorum,
because we typically have strong attendance at our twice-monthly business
meetings.  Proxies have been required a few times, but mostly when the group
was smaller.

--eileen

emccourt [at] mindspring.com
phone    650-691-1195