RE: Private? Public? or something in between?
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:27:01 -0600 (MDT)
At Sharingwood we put up a small handpainted wooden sign one year at our  entrance which read something like: Private  development, pedestrians welcome, please leash your dogs.

This turned back those people whose dogs were causing a problem, did not deter the other folks that walk through our neighborhood. We have on occasion had problems with  kids from up the road using our play set and woods without being invited. Unaccompanied and uninvited children are not allowed in our neighborhood, mostly for insurance and safety reasons but also because of some history of kids acting in ways parents here did not like. In all cases, a conversation with the parents solved the problems. I personally have learned many good things about the local politics and events from our walk through neighbors and I personally really like knowing the neighbors up the road on a first name basis.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood