Ethernet and intra-networking for cohousing communities
From: MinnMal (minnmalqwest.net)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:29:01 -0600 (MDT)
I think I read that Old Oakland chousing shares one internet
subscription among  the whole group, and saves money that way. Are you
all connected by Ethernet that you put in yourselves?  Or some other
technology? Is the ISP subscription a business one, or simply a
household one? And does the company know you are sharing it with many
households? We have some interest in doing something like this at
Monterey Cohousing - maybe sharing among a few families, but are not
sure either about the practicality or the ethics, so I'd love to hear
about other communities' experiences.

Joelyn Malone
Monterey Cohousing Community
St. Louis Park, MN