Re: List protocol
From: Hans Tilstra (tilstrasmartchat.net.au)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 18:52:01 -0600 (MDT)
Liz wrote > Okay. Here's my real opinion. It's improper netiquette to ask a
question unless you've already looked at the archives.

I realise that this discussion list intends to be an exchange of facts.
However, I'm finding the actual interaction particularly worthwhile as a
means of learning by participating. I appreciate that such use may clog the
archives, yet it gives me a sense of membership too.

I can think of many other discussion groups where the main use seems to be
by students needing to complete an assignment. Whilst I notice the
occassional repetition, this discussion list in particular has a high
percentage of "carriers" in comparison to people asking questions.

:-) Hans
tilstra [at] smartchat.net.au
http://home.vicnet.net.au