meetings
From: HeidiNYS (HeidiNYSaol.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:43:01 -0600 (MDT)
Dear Robert,

We've lived at Cantines Island co-housing three years, this Winter will be
four.   While many of us traveled various distances [some over 100 miles, the
closest, perhaps 25 miles, for a while till renting nearby, one household
came in from Washinton DC, 4-5 hours away.]
We had pretty good attendance at meetings for years before move-in.  and we
met for years and years.  Meetings were generally pretyty good-humored.  And
long.  Our formatt included an open house/tour,  for potential interested
folks, then intros all 'round, and dialogue with new folks, then a pot-luck
lunch!! that would wrap up about 2PM, and then we'd go into committee
meetings and then the full meeting.  Believe it or not, after all this,
perhaps one out of three times, most of us would walk to supper together at
the Chinese Restaurant, just across the bridge from here.

We formed a lot of connection.
Recently, almost 4 yrs after move-in, we do have many meetings w'out a
quorum.

Our experience,
all best,
Ruth hirsch
Cantines Island Co-housing, inviting another family.... we were able to buy a
small adjacent piece of land, overlooking river rapids.... near Woodstock,
in the breathtakingly beautiful hudson Valley.

In a message dated 6/7/01 1:01:43 PM, cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org