RE: A wonderful administrative task for the movement
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 14:14:01 -0600 (MDT)
The archive is an email format. What is more useful is a word document that
compiles the information in the email. To create the email summary about
commonhouses that I made I went to the archives, and manually searched for
the term commonhouse in the subject  thread. Then I opened each email and
evaluated it. If it contained useful information I would copy the email
message into an open word file. My first step was just copy and paste, copy
and paste. Then I organized it and formatted it. Finally I converted it into
HTML format (in Word this is a simple one step command) and posted it.

The problem with the email archive is that only a small percentage  of it is
probably  of lasting interest. There is no way to sort this out except  by
hand.