Re: meetings
From: Gary.Stewart (Gary.Stewartxtra.co.nz)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:21:02 -0600 (MDT)
We haven't moved into our community yet (first house expected to be
available soon tho), but I would have thought that 25-50% attendance at
regular ongoing meetings is probably pretty good.

Most organisations have committees that represent a tiny fraction of members
so why should cohousing be totally different.

We have a quorum requirement and circulate minutes promptly.  We also have a
safeguard that anyone not present at a particular meeting can revisit any
issue that a decision has been made on at the NEXT meeting only.

We also sometimes decide that a matter needs wider consultation (ie with
people not present) and do something about that.

There are many decisions that are made in my absence, and I'm happy about
that, and I generally believe that if I don't turn up I'm accepting the
'authority' of those present to decide.  This part of my understanding of
and committment to cohousing

Gary Stewart                                               Gaxxa [at] xtra.co.nz
2/161 Metcalfe Road                                    MyOwnPage -
http://mysite.xtra.co.nz/~GAZA
Ranui, Waitakere City                                  Earthsong
EcoNeighbourhood - http://www.ecohousing.pl.net
NEW ZEALAND   Ph 64 9 832 5558              Gaxxa [at] hotmail.com

> We have the same problem at Windsong Cohousing (i.e. poor attendance).
Out