Re: meetings
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:15:01 -0600 (MDT)
> I'm having difficulty with a group currently because they don't seem to be
> interested in discussing things online and instead want to get everything
> done in a two hour meeting every couple of weeks.  Personally, I am much
> more comfortable discussing things online where I have time to think about
> issues, do some of my own research, and write a (hopefully) concise
> response.

I agree entirely and am having the same problem with our group. Many were
apparently only participating in email because they thought it would end
when we moved in. Instead it increased by 50% since there were many more
jobs to be done, information to share, and arrangements to be made. Some
feel that it is interfering with face to face interactions. Of course no one
wants more meetings either so we are between a rock and a hard place.

I would like to do more business on email since it is available to everyone
24/7 even when they are in Katmandu or in isolation with the flu, and save
the face to face for social stuff -- sing alongs, dinners, show and tell,
cook-outs, etc.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org