Households Sponsoring Outside Groups in the Commonhouse
From: Becky Schaller (bschallertheriver.com)
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 09:45:02 -0600 (MDT)
Here at Sonora Cohousing, our group is going to begin deciding the use of
the Common House. This would be when an individual or small group wants to
host a group of theirs from outside the community in the Common House.
We're trying to find a balance between the community using the Common House
and households using it for their own personal needs.

Is there any limit as to how many times a household may decide to reserve
the Common House for their own use?

Are different types of requests treated differently?   A household using the
Common House for personal entertaining? A household using the Common House
for commercial purposes?  Or activities which have the support of several or
more households?

How many evenings a week do you find that your Common House can be scheduled
each week before members feel invaded?

When you answer would you please say how many households are in your
community. We have 36 in Sonora Cohousing and I'm also wondering if having
that many households makes a difference in the problems that might come up.

Thanks for your input.

Becky Schaller
Sonora Cohousing
Tucson, Arizona
Where the Common House should be finished soon. Where the Common House
should be finished soon. Where the Common House should be finished soon.
Where the Common House should be finished soon. . . . . .