RE: "have kids" "have nots" fighting over site
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 08:56:01 -0600 (MDT)
Thanks to Ksenia Barton and Diane Simpson for their comments on schools in
this thread.  As Kensia put it succinctly:

> If good schooling
> becomes a criterion for site selection, perhaps the group could find a way
> of evaluating schools that goes beyond stereotypes -- as you know, urban
> schools sometimes get an undeserved bad rap.
> Regards, Ksenia
>
> *excited about our late summer move-in*
> Cranberry Commons Cohousing Community
> Burnaby, BC, Canada (Greater Vancouver)

Fred whose son is in 6th grade in Minneaplis public schools which do have
problems but often seem to get dismissed too easily in my opinion.
Flight to the suburbs is often explained as a response to schools
and I wonder how much is perception only and / or response to numbers of
kids of color in Mpls schools

Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-detail.htm