Growing a retrofit community
From: Sanda Everette (sandacohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:50:02 -0600 (MDT)
We have hopes that our community will grow past our one four unit
building....in an N Street like model.  As many of you know, we have
been negotiating to buy the neighboring building for two or three
years...not a motivated seller (though we have community members in two
of the four apartments and garden in its backyard.)  Since I know some
folks want to live in their own house rather than an apartment, I use to
post when there were houses for sale on the block hoping to expand the
community that way.  Even two or three years ago, I though home prices
were kind of high.  Then the Silicon Valley exploded, housing was scarce
and prices soared.  Now, it has imploded, there is tons of housing on
the market, and prices are dropping--though we are still in one of the
most expensive real estate markets in the country.  There are several
houses for sale currently.  If you are interested in growing community
within an existing neighborhood, drop me a line.  If you want to be
notified about houses in the future, let me know that, too.

Note that I will be leaving on a vacation next Friday and will be out of
contact for about a month.

--
Sanda and Brian Everette
http://www.wordrunner.com/sanda

San Mateo Cooperative Community
http://www.wordrunner.com/sanda/smcc.htm
Toward a sustainable lifestyle:
grow some of your own food and/or know the gardener who is growing it.