Re: Households Sponsoring Outside Groups in the Commonhouse
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepi.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:55:02 -0600 (MDT)
Monterey Cohousing,  Minneapolis, MN  (Judy Baxter)

Our experience is much like everyone else. We are small (15 households, of
which one  has been rented to non-cohousers), 21 adults, 9-10 kids (depends on
definition).
No formal limits on CH - first come, first served reservation for spaces.  All
events must have a resident member host (no rentals).  Very rare conflicts.
Our common house is retrofit and large .  We do have one member who was
scheduling private events for his friends, whatever, a lot - we would have
problems if everyone else matched his usage, but no-one comes close, and he is
more aware now, and seems to have reduced his usage.

Like many, the CH seems under-utilized.

Judy

**A studio-size unit and a 1 BR unit are for sale, for next fall.

And I am preparing to rent a small room, (I'll send a separate post)
-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epi.umn.edu
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments       in the Mansion (a rehab Georgian building)
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House
coops moved in 1993, townhomes in 1996