Thanks and Informal and Planned Use of Common House
From: Becky Schaller (bschallertheriver.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:39:02 -0600 (MDT)
I'd like to thank all of you who responded to my questions about households
sponsoring gorups in the commonhouse.  I've been forwarding them to the rest
of my cohousing community.  A number of people have told me that reading
these responses has been very helpful.  We had our first community
discussion on the subject this past Sunday at our general meeting and I
could see the wisdom of this group reflected in the comments people made
during our discussion.  Thank you for your help.

And now another related question.

How much does your common house get used for infomal events? By that I mean
events that aren't planned, impromptu gatherings, and people simply hanging
out in the common house talking, playing games, drinking coffee, reading,
working in the craft room, watching kids in the children's room, watching
tv, etc?  Which parts of the common house are used the most for these
informal/unplanned events?  Which times of the day and week are they most
and least used?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Becky Schaller
Sonora Cohousing