Re: IT ISN'T COHOUSING IF IT AIN'T GOT THAT CO
From: Becky Schaller (bschallertheriver.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:39:03 -0600 (MDT)
I'm a little confused by this posting.  I'm wondering how much community
involvement is needed in order to call it cohousing.  It seems like it's a
continuum.  Certainly, if a developer, architect, and builder find the site,
design it, and build it; then it's not cohousing.  But what if a developer
finds the site and then looks for people to join.  So it would be developer
initiated, but the future residents would be involved in planning the design
of the site, the common house and the private residences.  Is that
cohousing?

Becky Schaller
Sonora Cohousing
Tucson, Arizona