Re: Issues around Children in community
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:38:01 -0600 (MDT)
> Some people feel our community is
> overrun by children, and they resent it.  Some of these attitudes
> might change in time (or not), but in the meantime it causes
> a air amount of stress, friction, and ill feelings.

When I see the numbers of children in some communities, I wonder how people
deal with this when they do not have children. Mine are grown up and I very
much enjoy life without children and cherish time both with and without
other people's children.

Often I find that children seem to be worshipped as if they are the center
of life. When you look at the continuum from age 1 to age 85, the first 15
years are a very, very small part -- less than 17%.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org