Re: Sharing Circles
From: JCarter12 (JCarter12aol.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:15:02 -0600 (MDT)
Becky, hello
 You didn't say how long you all have been living together.  It may be that
people are just done in by the final push and moving in.  We have been living
together for three plus years and have made several adjustments to meetings
in general. We now have quarterly "community living meetings."  These may be
shaped as sharing circles or use other forms of communicating. That's up to
the two people who organize them.

There are a few conclusions I'd offer.

 * Don't try to have them too often
 * Have the subject one that the community feels is important (such as
children's issues as you mentioned).  We discuss choice in common during our
two hour bimonthly meetings?
  * Have people volunteer to facilitate and/or ask one of your committees to
come up with people/format
  * Hold them to be important.

all best, Janet Carter
            Cantine's Island Cohousing