Re: Tierra Nueva House for Sale
From: Raines Cohen (raines-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:29:01 -0600 (MDT)
Patty Mara Gourley wrote on 6/25/01 10:01 AM:

>A rare opportunity to purchase a home in the Tierra Nueva Cohousing
>Community has just opened up.   The owner, Stphen Lafer is embarking on a
>travel oddessey and has decided to sell, and return regularly as "visitor
>emeritus".

This is also perhaps a good time to point out the ways TCN can help you
sell coho properties to people who want to move there for the community,
not just for the home/location:

1. Advertising on www.cohousing.org website - the #1 destination for
people looking for cohousing.

2. Advertising in TCN's Cohousing Journal and newsletter... to reach TCN
members, who are 100% interested in coho and committed enough to pay for
it.

3. Sponsoring next month's North American Cohousing Conference... 250 of
the most-connected people in cohousing on the continent could get the
property flyer in their reg packets or you could display it at your
group's table. $150 sponsorship includes a $75 gift certificate for a
conference attendee, making this ridiculously inexpensive for any
participating TCN member community.

4. Renting TCN's mailing list of over 10,000 people interested in
cohousing... you can select by zip code or state to target just the
most-likely prospects (but keep in mind that people have been known to
move thousands of miles to live in community, and that coho properties
for sale are still quite rare... demand definitely far exceeds supply).
Remember, not everybody is online or checks regularly, and a postcard or
flyer mailing can extend your reach with a high "pass-along to a
friend/post in the CH" factor.

5. Posting info here, as you have done.

Raines (thinking of ways of enhancing the community list to include
properties for sale... and to let people sign up for 'waiting/interested'
lists on a per-unit basis)

Raines Cohen <coho-L [at] raines.com> <http://www.swansway.com/>
Just back from a workday at the Oregon Country Fair site.

  Vice President, Swan's Market Cohousing [Old Oakland, CA]
Where the bike committee came up with a 'cheap-and-simple' storage/access
plan instead of spending thousands of $ on fence,door, and racks. And a
neighbor who just refinanced tipped me off that an appraisal indicates
our units are valued at >150% of our purchase prices... after just 1.5
years!

  Member, East Bay Cohousing [no site yet] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Where I missed last night's meeting, for which  more than 30 people were
expected! Hopefully someone will tell me what went on so I don't have to
wait for the minutes to come out.

  Boardmember, The Cohousing Network <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Reminding you to check for last-minute airline deals this Wed. for the
North American Cohousing Conference, July 20-22, Berkeley, CA.