Publicity
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyaweathership.homeport.org)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:41:01 -0600 (MDT)
Hi Raines,

Sounds like a couple of these would be good ideas for our group as well..

> 1. Advertising on www.cohousing.org website - the #1 destination for
> people looking for cohousing.
>
> 2. Advertising in TCN's Cohousing Journal and newsletter... to reach TCN
> members, who are 100% interested in coho and committed enough to pay for
> it.

These we do :)

> 3. Sponsoring next month's North American Cohousing Conference... 250 of
> the most-connected people in cohousing on the continent could get the
> property flyer in their reg packets or you could display it at your
> group's table. $150 sponsorship includes a $75 gift certificate for a
> conference attendee, making this ridiculously inexpensive for any
> participating TCN member community.

This seems like something we'd be interested in - what's involved?  I'll
go check the website, or you can send me a URL or info in email.

> 4. Renting TCN's mailing list of over 10,000 people interested in
> cohousing... you can select by zip code or state to target just the
> most-likely prospects (but keep in mind that people have been known to
> move thousands of miles to live in community, and that coho properties
> for sale are still quite rare... demand definitely far exceeds supply).
> Remember, not everybody is online or checks regularly, and a postcard or
> flyer mailing can extend your reach with a high "pass-along to a
> friend/post in the CH" factor.

I bet we'd be interested in this one too - probably all of MA, plus
southern new hampshire, etc.  What's the cost involved?

Thanks as always & seeya at the conference!

        - catya
                              ____
Catya Belfer-Shevett      ____\  /      Interested in
catya [at] pobox.com           \  / \/      Cohousing in MA?
www.homeport.org/~catya    \/       www.mosaic-commons.org