Small tables [ was: Re: [C-L]_Re: Common House
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 02:28:02 -0600 (MDT)
On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Lynn Nadeau welcome [at] olympus.net wrote:

>  At RoseWind Cohousing (Port Townsend WA) ...  it's already clear that
> we did some things that were a good idea.

> Small rectangular IKEA birch-veneer tables that can be combined in
> various numbers for more people together.

Interesting, I've from time to time wondered about systematically
acquiring or building a bunch of "TV trays" (one person tray with legs)
that could be stored compactly and used as you suggest. Particularly since
we have no common house and sometimes need to eat in the living room for
space reasons.  My preference (sometimes at least) is eating arrangements
resembling a big circle (within limits :) so one conversation could take
place and small suitably arranged would accomodate that as well as other
arrangements.

Lynn, could you say a few more words about your experience?
Are the tables for one person?  How big are they?  How many do you have?
Do you use other tables besdies them and the round oak table.

BTW for those not familiar with IKEA, it is a Swedish based home
furnishings company that carries many well designed items.  They have
about 14 stores in North America.  See http://www.ikea-usa.com/
Several of us went shopping at an IKEA store in Copenhagen on our
cohousing tour in 1999 - almost exactly two years ago.
Here's my link to the pictures from the trip:
http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/dk-pix.htm

Fred

Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-detail.htm