Re:Common House: Woulda Coulda Shoulda
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepi.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:37:01 -0600 (MDT)
From:
-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epi.umn.edu
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments       in the Mansion (a rehab Georgian building)
22 adults, 9 kids (more or less)

Questions:
If you had to do your commonhouse over, what would be any areas that stand
out as ones you would like to change?
        We are retrofit - (most of 2 floors of Mansion) = Common House
        So, you wouldn't plan it this way.
        I'd put living room and dining room and kitchen on same floor, , and a
better  doorbell system, a sprung floor on porch (someday, when we have $$), .
. .

What are the least used areas of your commonhouse?
Hard to say - K and LR get less use than I had hoped, but we are a small group.
Kitchen (2-3 meals per week plus special events, private events)
Living room (mostly meetings, large and small,and planned social events)
New hot tub seems to get little use, but since I don't use it, I wouldn't know.

What is the ratio of guest rooms to units?  Does your community have enough
or too many guest rooms.

2 guest rooms, 15 units, they get sporadic use but are very valued.

Judy