Re: Meals and Dietary Preferences & Requirements
From: Racheli&John (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 09:15:02 -0600 (MDT)
** Reply to note from Sharon Villines <sharonvillines [at] prodigy.net> Tue, 03
Jul 2001 17:39:31 -0400
>From Racheli

> The problem is rice and beans and bread followed by oatmeal cookies. I got
> this way on a macrobiotic diet. I love rice and beans.

According to local (SouthWest) wisdom, certain types of beans
are very good for diabetics.

Native Seeds/Search, an organization which works on preservation
of biological diversity (especially agricultural crops) in this bioregion,
has a diabetes-related project.  Those who are interested should
check their website for more information.

R.