Re: Cohousing-L digest, Vol 1 #144 - 9 msgs
From: Alicianat (Alicianataol.com)
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 15:07:01 -0600 (MDT)
Hello,

I am new to the list and only recently heard of co housing. I guess I am a
slow learner, because I have been looking for some "system" for building
community and this sounds workable. I and a few others are starting a co
housing community in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Not your hi cultural
resource area, but unmatched natural beauty -- and some pretty nice,
environmentally freindly/holistic types as well. We are looking at a retrofit
situation;  several houses existing on 3 or so acres each in a homeowners
association. The other option is to build from scratch on a sprawling ranch.
Both areas are very beautiful. Any thoughts or experiences with retrofit vs.
startup communities would be helpful.

Thanks.
Alicia