Re: Re Apres-move-in stress phase
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 17:46:01 -0600 (MDT)
> I think a moratorium on decisions is OK for a bit too.  Unless it's really
> important, is it urgent?

One of my concerns about the "Is it urgent?" question is that only urgent
questions get discussed. If there is nothing urgent meetings are cancelled,
thus there are no just plain getting-to-know-you kinds of meetings or low
intensity meetings. We've started doing small group discussions that are
optional to fill this need.

But the question "is it urgent" can contribute to crisis management mind
sets.

(Also, we do a lot of BYOD and just did Fourth of July that way. People
ended up doing combinations of potluck and BYOD. But BYOD is certainly the
easiest way to share a meal. Some people stop for Chinese on the way home
and others bring the family meal in bowls with place settings and table
cloths. I like these too because I can bring my yogurt or an iced tea and
not be tempted to eat too much or to eat the wrong things.)

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org