onsite childcare
From: Marcel and Edith (marcelandedithpeoplepc.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:38:01 -0600 (MDT)
Has anyone set up daily, all-day onsite childcare in their communities?  We are discussing setting up a "parent-coop" type childcare arrangement with a hired caregiver and rotating parents (and other community members if they are interested) and wonder what has and hasn't worked for other cohousing groups.  Right now we're thinking about 5-6 kids from the ages of 2-4 . . . If your group has daily childcare, have you used the common house as a location?  What issues (liability, noise levels, conflicting use of space, ???) or benefits have surfaced?

Thank you very much for your help!

Edith Friedman
Pleasant Hill Cohousing (in sunny Northern CA, where construction will be finished this fall and we have 3 units available!)