Re: Fw: [C-L] cohousing for older people
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesshome.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:26:01 -0600 (MDT)
We've never considered letting anyone not do community work on a regular
basis. Anyone who feels that their situation is temporarily unmanageable can
take a "leave of absence" from work at any time, though very few have chosen
to do so. We have physically disabled as well as old people here, and they
are members like everyone else. Their chores are what they feel they can
handle, like everyone else. But perhaps you are referring to physical labor
only.

One retires from work, not from community. We need everybody to contribute.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing

tamgoddess [at] home.com
http://members.home.net/southsideparkcohousing

>From: "Rowenahc" <rowenahc [at] cs.com>
>To: <cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org>
>Subject: RE: [C-L]_Fw: [C-L] cohousing for older people
>Date: Wed, Jul 11, 2001, 12:11 AM
>

> There have been discussions on the list here about issues for communities
> that have a high proportion of older members.  I remember one post that I
> particularly liked, said that in their community people aged over 80 were
> exempt from work.

cut