Re: cohousing for older people
From: Raines Cohen (raines-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:21:01 -0600 (MDT)
I just thought I'd chime in one last time to point out that Chuck Durrett
is leading a session on cohousing for seniors / growing old in Coho at
the North American Cohousing Conference next week (July 20-22, UC
Berkeley, www.cohousing.org for info). There's also a separate session on
accessibility / design for access / people with disabilities in
community, led by my neighbor Debbie Kaplan, executive director of the
World Institute on Disability.

Raines
(off to staff the cohousing booth in the Neighborhoods & Communities
section of the Community Village at Oregon Country Fair this weekend...
drop by if you're in the Eugene area)

Raines Cohen <coho-L [at] raines.com> <http://www.swansway.com/>
Scrambling to take care of clients before leaving town.

  Vice President, Swan's Market Cohousing [Old Oakland, CA]
Where it was nice to run into a neighbor at a bookstore in Jack London
Square and walk back together to find... an impromptu potluck!

  Member, East Bay Cohousing [no site yet] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Which is preparing a big presence at the conference.

  Boardmember, The Cohousing Network <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Where the North American Cohousing Conference is expected to SELL OUT so
if you want to go DO register in advance if you can to be assured of a
seat. We're working on getting the sessions audiotaped.