Re: idea-a keyword list for Archive Searches
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepi.umn.edu)
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 21:41:02 -0600 (MDT)
From: Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing, Minneapolis, MN

Sharon wrote:
<This is trickier than you might think since different programs search
differently. For example I had to stop using "_" between words and use ":"
because some but not all searches were treating the "-" as if it made one
word out of the two or three words.

You are right.  I was only thinking about putting one word (maybe two?) - i
think  we need to keep it simple, or no-one will do it.  And maybe remember to
do different posts for different topics.

Or, just using the list as ideas for terms that have been used, to help folks
search.

Anyway, here is my 'starter' list.  I can't do more with this, does anyone want
to pick this up?  I'm long out of development, so those topics are pretty thin
in my save mails.

--------------------------------------
Children,kids,parent(ing),child,

facilitat(ion,ers,...)

meals,cook,cooking,menu,recipe
dishwasher, stove, kitchen

marketing,outreach, public relations, PR,
promotion

rent(ing,al,ers)

affordab(le, ility,...)

resale(s)

fees, HOA fees, dues,
member(s, ship), new member, interview process, self selection

waiting list, priority
work, chores, sweat equity, labor, paying, participation,contracting it out,
hiring servants,

design

developer, builder, architect

consens(us,...)
        voting, fall-back,
conflict, conflict resolution,

playground
teen(s) room
TV

common house, CH,
community building

pet(s), dog(s)

Judy

A studio-size and a 1-BR size coop apt are for sale, a 3 BR townhouse is
currently  rented, maybe for sale.
-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epi.umn.edu
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments       in the Mansion (a rehab Georgian building)
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House
coops moved in 1993, townhomes in 1996