keep it tidy! and watch out for the list gremlins
From: C2pattee (C2patteeaol.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:03:05 -0600 (MDT)
At the risk of cluttering up the system again, I'm replying to this post, and
including the entire preceeding post, as an experiment.  I've noticed that
sometimes it's MY posts that come through as gibberish (and a damned nuisance
it is, whether my gibberish or somebody else's).  I have no idea why it's
happening, and was about to send a private post to Fred, the List master, to
see if he had any ideas.

The only possibility I can think of is that sometimes, when I want to let
software put in the capitals that I'm too lazy to do, I'll type my message in
a Word.rtf (rich text format) and then copy it into my regular AOHell reply
box.  I use .rtf because in the past when I've used the Word.doc mode, the
formatting gets transferred to the outgoing message, and puts things like =20
where originally there was a naturally occurring line break.  I never use
MIME format, and my preferences are set for text rather that HTML format for
outgoing messages.

The experiment is that I typed this message (caps and all-the lengths i go to
for this list :) ).  I'm on digest, so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see
what comes back.  In the mean time, if anybody has any other ideas of how to
correct the problem, it probably would be helpful to share them with the
whole list.

 Christine Pattee
Greater Hartford CT Cohousing
c2pattee [at] aol.com

In a message dated 7/19/01 1:01:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,