Meals sign up (Was Meals and Dietary Preferences)
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepi.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:28:10 -0600 (MDT)
Liz wrote: <Another idea that never occurred to us which is ingenious- assume
everyone is signed up unless people mark themselves as not attending on the
sign-up sheet. Much better meal attendance, and you don't have to remember to
sign up. >

I don't think that would work for us.  We have a lot of sporadic meal attenders
- and  they often forget to come when they *have* signed up, so I doubt they
would remember to mark themselves out .

Our policy is to encourage people to sign up, even if they are not sure they
will come.  We prefer to have leftovers rather than a lot of last minute (I
didn't sign up, do you have enough?) folks- though we still get those.

I can't see it ever being exact - most meals are somewhat flexible - it's the
'I bought enough organic corn for  xx people plus a few extras, now there are 6
more people wanting to come, ' situation that most of us cooks hate.

A studio-size and a 1-BR size coop apt are for sale, a 3 BR townhous is
currently  rented, maybe for sale.