Marketing: Direct Mail
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:11:05 -0600 (MDT)
>  TCN group members are eligible to
> rent names at very reasonable fees, selected by state or zip code (and to
> get credit for contributing names of coho-interested people to the
> databse).

About 30% of the population is thinking about moving at anyone time so you
want to seek people from outside your state as well. In DC over the two year
period of development we had people moving into DC to temporary housing from
as far away as Florida (me), the Carolinas, Baltimore, and Rochester. It was
a long process of getting the group centralized.

I had a friend ask yesterday if there was a group in Miami. One way or
another she is going to Miami. Cohousing would be a great incentive for her
to go now. She was helping me clean our kitchen when she asked so she is a
real candidate. I''m sure there are thousands  more out there.

It might be useful if there were a standardized list of places people would
consider moving to so the enquiry list could also include not just the zip
codes they  live in now but where they are willing to go for cohousing.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org