RE: How's Your Process Committee?
From: Eileen McCourt (emccourtmindspring.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:32:02 -0600 (MDT)
Anyone for a vodka tonic?

--eileen

Eileen McCourt
Oak Creek Commons
Cohousing in Paso Robles, CA
emccourt [at] mindspring.com
http://oakcreekcommons.org/

 -----Original Message-----
From:   cohousing-l-admin [at] cohousing.org
[mailto:cohousing-l-admin [at] cohousing.org]  On Behalf Of Sharon Villines
Sent:   Friday, July 27, 2001 6:59 AM
To:     cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org
Subject:        Re: [C-L]_How's Your Process Committee?

> "This group (the process team) is a vessel. It holds the processes of
> the full group. We know and understand these processes - many of them
> difficult. We do not have answers, nor should we be required to. At some
> time all or part of this knowledge and holding will be offered to the
> group by one, other or all of us. Others are welcome to join us at any
> time."

To define "process" this way is to evoke the feeling of spiritual. Spirit vs
Body. Process vs. action. Us vs them.

I wonder if any team besides the process team would ever think of themselves
this way? Is the facilities team a vessel holding and offering knowledge?
The kitchen team?

This may be what drives "action" people to drink.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org