Re: Facilities Management
From: Sarah M. Corden (cordenqwest.net)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:20:17 -0600 (MDT)
Hello from Prescott, AZ

For bookkeeping we use Quicken on a computer in the common house office (we
feel it's important not to keep organization business on personal in-home
computers).

Most important: there is an organization called the  National Institute of
Community Management with a toll-free number 800 387 1099 that we have found
enormously important.  It's aimed at HOA's with (or without) professional
managers, but we have found their booklets etc very useful.  For example
they have a software we just bought (for not much) that guides an
Association through a reserve study and setting up a reserve account.  They
have seminars as well.  For more info, see their website at www.NICMI.com

Sarah Corden
HOA treasurer
Manzanita Village of Prescott