Re: renting common house to outsiders
From: Robyn Williams (poviinet.net.au)
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 19:23:01 -0600 (MDT)
Hello

I'm a little overwhelmed by the "legality/profit/tax" response to renting
the common house.  What is the activity of the hirer, how often, how
visible, how much do you want to charge?

Can it be done as a donation?  A fund-raiser?  In kind?

A cooking instructor has asked to use our C/H kitchen for her small group.
Her income from the class is low.  We've asked that she cooks (with helpers)
a dinner for the community in return.  Another person wants to use the space
for a small, weekly yoga class - not sure where we're going with that one -
possibly a small cash donation.

Is it possible to keep it simple?

Robyn Williams
Pinakarri Community