Re: RE: cats: the real extreme position
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesshome.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:41:01 -0600 (MDT)
See my new post.

Just for philosophical yucks, consider this question. Dogs are social
animals and require a hierarchical system in order to feel comfortable. Does
treating them as inferior make them slaves to humans, or are we simply
making life easier for all involved when they know their "place"? I
personally have never owned a dog, mostly because they smell bad, but also
because I hate the whole master/dog relationship. You have to constanly be
in charge, and I've seen all too many people who don't do that with badly
behaved dogs.

Frankly, if I didn't care about my relationship with my friend, I'd have
trapped her animals and taken them to the pound years ago. There's nothing
like living in a city to take the shine off your love of domestic animals.
I'd have felt sad(and probably asked the cats' forgiveness), but she would
have stopped feeding outdoors, and lots of problems would have been solved.

Liz