Re: Accessibility
From: LScottr2go (LScottr2goaol.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 07:47:02 -0600 (MDT)
In a message dated 9/2/2001 11:04:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jnpalme [at] attglobal.net writes:

I suspect that incorporating accommodation for the chemically-
sensitive is going to be resisted mightily, because it could have
huge implications regarding how we build and maintain
spaces: Starting with banning toxic building materials, to banning
most furnishings; cleaning supplies; perfumes people wear, etc. ...

Yes, it does have those implications.  We had to change a lot of things when
the condition of one of our members worsened:- we relied on a consultant and
wound up scavenging old doors rather than using MDF material for doors and
window sills.  We do use special cleaning supplies and we have no carpet,
just area rugs, which works fine for all kinds of allergies.  Linda Scott,
Cascadia Commons in Portland, OR