Re: member vs. household for community representation
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:56:01 -0600 (MDT)
> I'm a member of Oak Creek Commons in Paso Robles, CA.  I'm looking for
> information on how other communities handle the situation of member vs.
> household representation in decision making situations.  Do you have one
> across-the-board policy?

Our By-Laws stipulate Class 1 and Class 2 decisions.

Class 1 decisions are made by homeowners at one "vote" per unit and include
decisions involving money -- this means that only those with a financial
commitment can obligate themselves to pay more (or less). quorum based on
representation of units

All other decisions are Class 2 and each member has a "vote". Quorum based
on representation of total members.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org