Re: member vs. household for community representation
From: RowenaHC (RowenaHCcs.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:41:01 -0600 (MDT)
At Cambridge Cohousing all adult residents take part in discussions, and
participate in consensus decision-making on social type issues.  However, our
Bylaws require that with respect to decisions that involve financial issues
such as an assessment or approval of the annual budget only one person may
represent a household and we need approval by 65% of the beneficial interest
(we are organized as a condominium association).   In practice this has never
created a problem one way of the other since we usually thrash out
differences before anything is brought to a meeting for a final decision.   I
don't remember when we last had a threat of a red card!

Rowenahc
CambridgeCoho