affordable cohousing and Land Trusts
From: Stephanie Weigel (sjweigelstudents.wisc.edu)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:27:02 -0600 (MDT)
The Madison Area Community Land Trust (Madison Wisconsin) is in the process
of developing a cohousing project that will be affordable using Community
Development Block Grant funding and the Land Trust model to reduce costs.
The project is part of a larger 30 acre site that will incorporate
neighborhood community gardens (already existing), a Community Sponsored
Agriculture farm, open space, trails, and edible landscaping.  Several
non-profit organizations and the neighborhood have been involved in the
development thus far.

If anyone wants more info let me know and I can put you in touch with the
Land Trust.

Stephanie
sjweigel [at] students.wisc.edu